Thursday 27 March 2014

Wonder woman

There was this girl in college, with backlog papers in final year, obviously her career aspects didn't look very bright. On top of that she was in a relationship which both their parents disapproved. Anyways, we all graduated, joined our jobs, got busy in our lives and life moved on. Until one day when i was surprised to see her in the basement of our apartment and even more surprised to learn that she had been living here for quiet sometime. She invited me over to her place and in a few days time I arranged to visit her. Little did I know how many more surprises were there for me in store as i would come to learn more about the happenings in her life. As a starter I was impressed to learn that she had married the love of her life, and that too with the blessings of both their families in spite of all the obstacles, oppositions and tension they hadn't given up and finally got together. Then I learnt that she was working in a reputed iT firm, and I could sense the effort she would have put to reach here in her career given the weak academics. And unlike many other girls around me who had good academic records and degrees but were still not interested in pursuing a career, this woman seemed pretty serious and sincere about her job. Double imprsssed!! Next I couldn't stop gazing around her house, sorry, home. It was so nicely decorated and managed, so cute, warm, charming and inviting with the love and spirit of its owners reflecting in it. I couldn't stop wondering how many so called successful women around me would have scored more than her in this aspect - hardly any.
Needless to say, my opinion about her personality, her strength and weaknesses,  completely changed. I was impressed by the way she had pulled things up and managed to balance together all aspects of life. 
Today she is the mother of a small baby, still smartly striking the balance between her home, job and the infant with the help of her husband and just one domestic helper. I wish her success in whatever she does in life.
When I feel the work life pressure, when I feel lazy in keeping my commitments towards my home, then I think of her and it energises me.
Hats off toyou girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment