Wednesday 2 March 2016

The EPF taxation

The EPF taxation decision in budget 2016 has definitely made me think, and I am sure many others like me are thinking and wondering. Right now I am trying to figure out if there is anything that we use, apart from the air that we are breathing in, that is not taxed. After the current tax proposal, I would rather not be surprised if breathing in fresh air also gets taxed next. We salaried people should be rather prepared for anything if living in India. I am envisioning the future, where government would rather start giving a basic minimum living allowance to the salaried people and take away rest all as taxes. The salary will be cut from the taxes, rather than the taxes being cut from the salary.

I have heard the "ant and grasshopper" story, however I still thought it can't be that bad.
But now, I am sure, anything can happen...the possibilities of the impossible are unlimited. I am thinking hard whether to brace this reality or step in the shoes of the ant and move on..and away.

“But there are people who'll try to hurt you through the good they see in you--knowing that it's the good, needing it and punishing you for it. Don't let it break you when you discover that.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment